Are you thinking of applying for a UK visitor visa from Cameroon?
The United Kingdom, also known as Great Britain, is an island nation located in northwestern Europe. It remains one of the world’s great powers today because of its economic, military, and political influence worldwide. When it comes to top tourist destination countries, the UK is among the top 30. From the English culture to the beautiful coastlines, world-class museums, breathtaking scenery, etc it is a country worth visiting.
Millions of people travel to the UK every year for so many reasons. Cameroonian passport holders require a visa to enter the UK irrespective of the purpose. If you are looking to apply for a tourist visa (Standard visitor visa) from Cameroon, then continue reading.
TYPES OF UK VISITOR VISAS YOU CAN APPLY FOR
- Tourist visa (Leisure, to visit family friends)
- Transit visa
- Healthcare visa
- study visa
FILL OUT YOUR APPLICATION ONLINE
The first step to applying for your UK tourist visa from Cameroon is to fill out your application form online which you can find here. For more information on the other UK visa types, you can continue to the official government website here
UK visit visa application form
The form is divided into 6 sections as seen below.
- About You section. Here you will be requested personal information such as name, date of birth, place of birth, sex, nationality, etc
- Your Passport Information: It’s important to have your passport handy to ensure you are entering the correct information requested.
- Your contact details
- Your family details eg Parental information, nationalities, and spousal details.
- Employment and Financial Information
- Previous travel history
- Information for travelers under the age of 18 years
- Details of the reason for your visit to the UK
- Any additional information
At the end of the form, you will be asked to date and sign.
Please make sure to fill out the form accurately and honestly. You will be required to provide documents to support the information provided.
After filling out your online visa application form, you have to assemble your required documents. These documents will help prove all the information mentioned in the form. It will also determine whether your visa will be approved or not.
- Completed and signed visa application form
- An invitation letter
- 2 recent passport-sized photos
- Valid passport. (Issued at least within the last 10 years and valid at least after 3 months till the end of your stay)
- Yellow fever vaccination card
- Covid-19 vaccination card
- A negative Covid test with proof that it was carried out within the last 72hours.
- National identity card or Cameroonian residence Permit (For non-Cameroonian nationals)
- Proof of family roots. If married, marriage certificate. If you have children, their birth certificates.
- Proof of ownership. If you own a house, the papers of the house are needed.
- Proof of funds. Employment contract, leave certificate, and your last 3 pay slips. Bank statements for the last 6 months.
- Proof of accommodation: if you will be at a hotel, proof of the hotel reservation is needed + proof of payment. Or certificate of a legalized accommodation, or ownership contract.
- Flight Reservation
- Hotel reservation
- The tourist visa fee is £100 which is approximately 77,000 FCFA depending on the exchange rate. (It is always advisable to take extra money). For more information on visa fees, click here
HOW TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
The approved commercial visa partner of the UK government is TLS. After completing your form and paying your application fees, you will be redirected to book an appointment at the visa application center.
The UK Visa application center is located at
Immeuble Commercial Bank, 02ème étage Bloc B, Rue 5 MVOG FOUDA ADA (en face de l’Etat-Major de l’Armée de Terre), Yaoundé, Cameroon
Make sure to book an appointment way before your set travel date.
After the visa decision has been made which can take weeks approximately 7 weeks, you will receive an email notification your passport is ready for collection from the visa application center.
MORE ON APPLYING FOR A UK VISITOR VISA FROM CAMEROON
5 COMMON REASONS FOR UK VISA REJECTION
- Unclear Itinerary
- Not providing an approved leave letter if employed
- Unclear source of funds
- No travel history
- Undisclosed previous visa refusals
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?